After a long winter, me and Norrin are ready for BBQs, parties and fun in the sun. While we love hanging out at the parks and spending time with family. We also like keeping cool indoors. One of our favorite indoor summer activities is making homemade popsicles. To celebrate the 4th of July, I thought it would be fun to make red, white and blue pops.
Norrin really enjoys making pops. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve caught him pouring juice into popsicle molds. I love that he takes that kind of initiative. (Not so crazy about the mess he usually makes but oh well.)
The bonus about making our own popsicles is that it’s healthier than ice cream or store bought ice pops. And it’s also my secret mom way of getting him to eat fruits he wouldn’t normally eat – like blueberries, mango, pineapple, kiwi.
Related: Mango Peach Frozen Yogurt Pops
I’m also secretly obsessed with popsicle molds and I’ve been making the most out of my latest Wayfair find – the Fox Run Brands Frozen Ice Pop Maker.
My latest POP creation are these Berrylicious POPsicles.
- 2 cups Fresh Strawberries – washed, hulled and quartered
- Seltzer water (or coconut water) – I used Raspberry Lime seltzer but any flavor will work
- Fresh Blueberries – washed
- simple syrup (I make my own. Add 1 cup of sugar to 1 cup of water in a pot. Stir on low/medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool and store in fridge.)
- 3 – 4 sprigs of fresh mint – the mint adds such a burst of freshness!
- Add Strawberries, simple syrup (to taste) and mint to blender and puree.
- Pour strawberry puree into popsicle molds – DO NOT FILL to the top. DO NOT place pop sticks.
- Put in freezer for about an hour.
- Remove mold and pour in seltzer.
- Throw in a few blueberries.
- Place cover and insert sticks.
- Freeze for about 4-6 hours or overnight.
Summer is a time to entertain, eat and chill. And Wayfair has everything you need to do so. Check out (and PIN) some of these festive finds!