- Get a tattoo*. I’ve been thinking about a tattoo for years. Joseph has five and I have none. Joseph thinks at this point, I am unique since I don’t have one.
- Get a nose ring*. When I was 18 I got my nose pierced. When my mother saw it she said, “If you don’t take it out, I will rip it out.” I, obviously, took it out. But it’s something that I’ve wanted ever since.
- Get a passport. I’ve never owned a passport. But I am going to make it a point to get one this year, even if I have no plans of going anywhere.
- Do something in NYC I’ve never done before. I have lived in New York all of my life but there are things I’ve never seen or done. I have some ideas in mind…
- Treat myself to a spa day – massage, maybe a facial and a mani/pedi. I’ve only had 1 massage in my life and that was about 4 years ago. And I’ve never had a spa day. I think I deserve one.
- Read at least 10 books that I own that I haven’t read. I have SO MANY BOOKS. And so many that I haven’t even read. I have no business buying any new books until I read 10 that I already own.
- See a Broadway show by myself. I love Broadway musicals and plays. But I don’t get to see as many as I would like. Joseph isn’t really interested in seeing anything and planning an evening with friends can be tricky. I would be completely fine going solo.
- Have drinks at the HIMYM bar. I am a huge How I Met Your Mother fan and I read that the bar was inspired by McGee’s Pub (a bar in midtown).
- Take yoga classes. Because remember how I want to relax?
- Run a 5k. I like running – well sort of. I am lazy and I like my couch. I would like to run a 5K this year. And I also want to train to run a Disney race. I have my eye on the Star Wars Half Marathon at Disneyland next January. But let me get that 5k out of the way before I have marathon dreams.
- Find a pair of jeans that I feel fabulous in. Last year, I broke up with my favorite pair of designer jeans. They hadn’t fit in nearly a decade. And lately, I’ve been wearing leggings – it’s just what I feel most comfortable in. This isn’t about losing weight for me anymore. It’s about feeling good.
- Learn how to use a DSLR camera. This year I really want to step up my blog game. (I actually have a blog bucket list in mind but that’s for another post). And part of stepping up my game is do more with photography. And I want to learn how to use a DSLR – Joseph owns one, so I have no excuse
*I doubt I will get a nose ring or a tattoo but I’ve been saying that I’m going to do this before every birthday for the last 15 years…so I feel obligated to keep that tradition going.
There isn’t anything on this list I can’t do, I just have to do it. And do it before I turn 40.