Living in The Bronx, Sesame Place is an easy day trip. But it’s also ideal for a little weekend/multiday getaway. From NYC, it’s less than 2 hours away and the family will always have a great time.
Last summer we drove to Philly first and then to Langhorne. We checked into the SpringHill Suites Marriott which is literally down the block from Sesame Place. Our original plan was to grab something to eat and then head to the park to catch the evening parade – Sesame Place is really pretty at night. But I got confused with the time so we missed out on the park. (This is why you need to check the site in advance!)
Related: Our Stay SpringHill Suites Marriott
We were able to get a good night’s rest so that we could have the whole day at the park.
We woke up early and headed over at 10am. We made a beeline to the Count’s Splash Castle and claimed a few lounge chairs. After a few hours of splashing water fun, we dried up and had a quick lunch. There are many food options within the park and opportunities to dine with characters.
After lunch, we hit the dry rides and arcade. We love the Monster Mix Up because it’s shaded and we get a breeze. And then we wandered around Cookie’s Monster Land. It was so hot that we decided to take another run around Splash Castle. We ended our day with ice cream cones and ate them by the Sunny Day Carousel.
Sesame Place is a fun family getaway any time of year.
There is so much to do at the park and nearby. And Sesame Place has a variety of preferred hotels that make your stay super easy. So how would I plan a three-night getaway to Sesame Place?
Day 1/Night 1
- Get to PA early in the morning. Visit the Please Touch Museum or the Philadelphia Zoo.
- Arrive at hotel around check-in.
- Settle into room and explore hotel – go prepared to take advantage of hotel amenities during your stay.
- Head over to Sesame Place – Be sure to download the Sesame Place App
- Catch a Sesame Place Show or find a good spot along the Parade Route (We like to be closer to the entrance where it’s less crowded by the Welcome Center).
- Dine at the Park or head out for dinner.
- Return to hotel and get some rest
Day 2/Night 2
- Arrive at Sesame Place at opening
- Check out the Monster Clubhouse or Mini Monster Clubhouse
- HAVE FUN & ride all the attractions you can
- Make lunch special by Dining with Characters or with Elmo’s Box Lunch
- See a Sesame Place Show
- Watch the Parade from a different location
- Take a break — head back to the hotel and take advantage of the amenities
Day 3/Night 3
- Explore nearby attractions in Philly (Please Touch Museum, Rocky Steps, Philadelphia Zoo, The Liberty Bell is 30-45 minutes away)
- Grab a Philly Cheesesteak for lunch
- Return to hotel and recharge
- Head back to Sesame Place later for one last evening walk around the grounds and ride on more attractions
Related: 5 Hours in Philly
- Check out of hotel and head on home!
- Sesame Place isn’t only fun in the summer – there is plenty of Fall and Winter fun to be had!
Disclaimer: I am a Sesame Place Blog Ambassador. I was not compensated for this post but I will be provided with a 2014 Season Pass for myself and complimentary admission for my family.