Isn’t this a cute paper clip holder? I think so…especially since I made it myself.
Confession: I have a thing for cute office supplies. Something about paper clips, pens/pencils, file folders and sticky pads just makes me happy. And the other day at Marshall’s I found the cutest paper clips: pink pineapples, blue elephants and pink hashtags.
Yesterday was a rainy day. I spent most of it snacking, organizing my desk and watching Netflix. One of my current favorite snacks – for home and at work – is the Sargento Balanced Breaks. It’s just a guilt free sweet and salty snack option.
(In case you’re wondering, this is not a sponsored post.)
Lately I’ve been into little DIY crafts and projects. It’s relaxing and makes me feel useful while I’m binging the latest Netflix series. Whenever I see a container that could be repurposed, I wash it and set it aside for a rainy day.
Wanting to do something while watching Sons of Anarchy (my latest Netflix binge – why didn’t anyone tell me about this show?!), I decided to make a paper clip holder for my new cute clips. It was beyond easy and I plan on making a few more for other purposes.
DIY PAPER CLIP HOLDER
You will need:
- 1 empty Sargento Balance Break container (it’s the perfect pre-craft snack)
- a paint brush
- acrylic paint
- wash container and allow to dry
- paint bottom of container and let dry – acrylic paint doesn’t take long, maybe an hour or so
- once bottom is dry, go in for second coat if necessary
- after 2nd coat is dry, paint the top and inside of the container – allow to dry
- once inside is dry, go in for a second coat if necessary
Optional – once completely dry, decorate with washi tape or use other paint colors to make polka dots or other designs.