I have a lot of pet peeves when it comes to the train. Joseph says I have “Train Rage.” And when I’m with Norrin, my rage intensifies because I’m in Momma Bear mode.
Here are a few of my pet peeves that I encountered the other day while traveling with Norrin:
1. People who lean on the pole. I’m used to traveling during rush hour when the trains are crowded. I’m okay standing and so is Norrin. But if someone is leaning on an entire pole, it makes it difficult for other people to hold on.
2. Men who sit with their legs wide open. Because really? *side-eye*
3. People who insist their bags need a seat on the train.
4. People who stroll into the train – knowing there’s a crowd behind them waiting to get on the train – and then stop right at the door, blocking the masses from getting in.
5. People who don’t move out of the way even after you say excuse me. If we make eye contact, and I’m standing and the train doors are open and I have to say excuse me a third time, I’m just pushing my way out.
6. People who push their way into the train before letting passengers off. There’s a special place for people who push little kids.
7. Women – and I say women because it’s usually women – who keep their legs crossed when the train is crowded. There was a woman who kept kicking my leg while I was standing, so I pretended not to care as Norrin stepped all over her other foot.
I have other pet peeves like people who litter or eat smelly food (my list can go on) but I’m keeping it to what annoys me most when I’m with Norrin.
But not everyone on the train is a jerk. There are some really nice people too. And they deserve a post of their own. (Next week.)
Do you take the trains with your kids? What is your train travel experience like?
Check out a few Instagram photos of our Train Travels: