Disclosure: Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment provided me with a gift card to create this Tangled Inspired Paper Lantern. They are also sponsoring this giveaway. As always, all opinions and experiences are my own.
One of things I love about visiting any of the Walt Disney World Parks is that I feel transported into a Disney film. While strolling through Fantasyland, I fell in love with the Tangled lanterns. They looked beautiful as the sun set. Almost magical…
I knew that at one point, I’d want to recreate this Disney magic for my home.
Easy DIY Tangled Paper Lantern
What you need:
- paper – I used 12×12
- tacky glue
- a thumbtack
- washi tape
- battery operated candle
- a pencil
- Disney Tangled Golden Sun Template
How to create paper lantern:
- Print out Disney Tangled Sun Template. Cut out the size you’d like on your candle. I used the smallest one.
- Cut your 12×12 paper in half. Feel free to use card stock or construction paper.
- Wrap the paper around your candle – you’ll want enough room so that it slips over easily.
- Lightly trace the sun template on your paper.
- Take your thumbtack and start going over your sun template tracing.
- For this step I recommend doing this on top of a piece of cardboard. I used a piece from a post office box.
- As you punch your holes with the thumbtack, erase your outline
- YES – after a while, your thumb and index finger will hurt.
- Decorate the top and bottom with washi tape of your choice.
- Optional: make thumbtack holes on top and bottom around washi tape for additional decoration.
- Glue ends together – remember to leave enough room for your candle to fit through. Let dry for a few hours.
IMPORTANT: Since this is a paper lantern craft DO NOT use a real candle.
If you love Tangled as much as I do, you’ll be excited to learn that Repunzel Returns in Disney’s Tangled Before Ever After.
- Winner will be selected via Rafflecopter.com
- Announcement of Winner will be our Facebook page
- The Winner MUST respond within 24 hours or another winner will be selected
- Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia
- Must be 18 years of age or older at time of entry