I’m not crafty and I don’t have fancy craft equipment. I made my DIY Disney Cruise Door Magnets with a few everyday items and they are super easy to make. Trust me.
In one more week we’ll be on our way to Orlando for the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration conference. It’s the first year it will be a “Land and Sea” celebration. We’ve been to the Disney Parks and Properties several times, but it’s our first cruise.
Related: Touring The Disney Magic Cruise Ship
I learned that the decorating your Disney Cruise cabin door is a thing and took a crash course in Fish Extenders (“FE”). (More on FE later…)
When I learned about the Disney Cruise Door Magnet decorations, I turned to Etsy. There are some beautiful items to be purchased, but I didn’t want to spend $$$ on something like magnets.
Instead, I purchased digital clip art, downloaded some fonts and went to work on PicMonkey to make me own.
DIY Disney Cruise Door Magnets
What you’ll need:
- Paper – you can you use cardstock but I don’t typically have that so I used regular paper
- Clear packing tape – because I don’t have a laminator
- Magnetic tape
- Digital Clipart
- What I love about digital clipart is that it’s inexpensive, you can use it as much as you want and it can be customizable.
- Etsy Shops I purchased my Disney/Star Wars Clipart: DigitalDiva007, Digicute, PlayCut & KBKreations209
- DIY Disney Photo Booth FREE Printables
- I have a paid membership but there’s still plenty of options in the free version
- You can also download fonts from dafont.com and use them in PicMonkey
- Create your design in PicMonkey
- Print out
- Apply strips of clear tape across paper.
- Start with the back of printable. I used more tape in the back to make it sturdier
- Flip over and then apply strips across the front
- Cut out
- Apply a few strips of magnetic tape to the back
I told you it was easy. If I can do it, you can too.